Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Not to be Boring rabbits... :-)

Well as I mentioned earlier my husband and I decided to fast. It means we can not eat meat, fish, eggs, butter, milk, chicken etc. So, we still can have some seafood and we decided what can be better than grilled stuff?!
And here we are...having delicious vegetables with seafood! Yummm
Pictures first...then I will write about the marinade :-)
Yummm!!!!
:-)
So, What I cooked were:
1 zucchini
1/2 eggplant
2 bell peppers
a pack of fresh scallops
6 calamaris
200 g cooked shrimps from the freezer
2 lemons
oregano
crushed red pepper
paprika
chili powder
salt, pepper
parsley
olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoon dry white wine


I will start with Zucchini. it was a lemon marinated zucchini. I cut it really thin, put all the slices in a bowl, added juice of 1 lemon, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, salt, pepper to taste, 1/2 teaspoon dry parsley and a tablespoon olive oil. Let it rest for 1 hour or so. Then just grill until it's done.
Bell Peppers and Eggplant - I just cut everything nicely...put everything in a bowl and pour 3 tablespoons olive oil and added Italian spices. Mix all the slices well, so it all marries together and grill right away.
Calamari
These bad boys turned out amazing!!!
The beginning is the same - rinse them, put them in a bowl, 2 tablespoon olive oil, add salt, pepper to taste. Then...add 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper and 1 teaspoon of chili powder. If you don't like spicy stuff just skip chili powder. Mix well, leave it for 20 min and grill.
Scallops 
 I had a problem with these little guys. Our closest store had only small scallops and I had to put them on the sticks, so first I put them in a bowl. Added salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons olive oil and lemon juice of 1/2 lemon. Then 1/2 teaspoon oregano and then I violated them with the sticks :-)
And the SHRIMPS ...as for me, I love shrimps, they are my fav! I didn't grill them this time, I took a good pan, put 2 tablespoons olive oil, minced 2 cloves of garlic in a hot oil, put all the shrimps in there right when the garlic starts smelling really nice. Added crushed red pepper and 3 tablespoons of dry white wine, then just kept stirring them until they had that wonderful golden brown color!
OMG!!!! You have got to try this!!! YUMMM!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment