Thursday, March 24, 2011

Home made Thai green curry

My husband and I love Thai green curry, so I thought - why should I go to a restaurant?! I can make it at home.
It appeared to be pretty easy to make, the most important part was the right ingredients!!!
So, Ladies and Gentlemen, Thai green curry...


Ingredients:
1 stalk lemongrass, thinly sliced, OR 3 Tbsp. frozen prepared lemongrass (available at Asian stores)
1 can coconut milk
1-3 Thai green chilies OR jalapeno
1 compressed cup chopped cilantro, leaves & stems
1 shallot, chopped
4-5 cloves garlic
1 thumb-size piece ginger, sliced 
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. ground white pepper 
1 tsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. sea salt
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz to create a fragrant green curry paste . Set aside.

The next step would be vegetables. 
You can actually use all the vegetables you want....I used :
broccoli
cauliflower
bell pepper
whole green peas;
tofu cheese.
I also added shrimps and mussels.

I'm not telling you about the quantity of the vegetables or seafood, because when you pour your curry paste on a preheated pan, you will see how much of those will be enough for you. Some people like more sauce than vegetables, some people like less sauce....it's totally up to you!  But first you should let it boil, then turn the heat to Medium and start with putting the seafood, after you added seafood (it can be frozen), stir and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes and only then you can put all your favorite vegetables and tofu in there. After you see that this is the perfect amount of vegetables and seafood for your curry, stir everything, cover it and let it marry together for 10 minutes. That's all! it's ready to go!!!
I served it on a plate of plain white rice. I think it's the best way of serving Thai green curry!
Enjoy!!! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment