Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Lemon sugar in a jar

This is such an awesome thing, you wouldn't believe it!
It can be used in so many recipes...e.g. Add some ice water and you have a nice lemonade on a hot day...or..add some for your lemon pie or lemon cake or cookies...or add some of this sugar for your homemade Sangria...or just add 2 tsp in your tea and you will never get sick...I can go on and on...
My grandmother has been making it since I can remember.
And it is so easy to make and you can keep it in the fridge up to 3 months.

1 part of lemon (chopped or blend)
2 parts sugar
All you should do is mix lemon and sugar in a jar, cover it tightly with a lid (or you can do what I did) and place it in the fridge for 3 days.  In 3 days the lemon sugar will be ready to use. As I mentioned before you can keep it in the fridge up to 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment