Monday, May 23, 2011

Delicious oven baked steak

I created this recipe after a dinner with our friends. We actually baked the steaks but I made some changes and added some herbs and sauce, so now I can tell that it's kind of my recipe :-)
The steaks turn out to be juicy and tender, so let's begin -

Ingredients for 2 -
2 steaks
2 tbl spoons BBQ sauce
salt, pepper
herbs (like rosemary or oregano, I added italian spices)
foil
 Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the steaks and marinate for 2 hours at room temperature.
In a large skillet heat 2 tbl spoons olive oil and fry the steaks about 1 min on each side.
Lay the steaks on a aluminum foil and fold/scrunch up the sides – to catch the fat. Place on a shallow baking sheet.
Cook at 200 degrees  for about 12-15-18 mins depending on your desired pinkness.
Rest for 10 minutes in th aluminum foil.
Serve with oven baked potatoes and carrots.


No comments:

Post a Comment