Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Aggie's beautiful salad

I tried this salad in Nova Scotia, which is an amazing place and people there are so nice. So, back to the salad...My husband's aunt Aggie made this salad and to tell you the truth...it was breathtaking!  
Aggie, it was so good that I keep making it and enjoying it as if I am trying it for the first time!
It has such a delicious rich taste and the tangerines make it even more yummy.
So, as I promised I'm publishing it here, on my food blog.

Ingredients:
Iceberg or salad greens
1/3 cup of toasted almonds (spread on cooking sheet and bake in 400
degree oven but keep an eye on them - not more than 5-7 minutes)
1 cup of chopped celery
2 tbsp of green onion (chopped fine)
1 small can mandarin sections (drained)

Dressing:
¼ cup of oil (I use canola)
2 tbsp. white vinegar
2 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp each of salt and pepper
 Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl with a lid and shake it well, then put it in the fridge for an hour.

Toss salad ingredients together and pour over salad dressing.
That's it! :-)
Delicious!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment